Selling Your Home FAQ
How do I go about selling my home?.
- How do I prepare my home?
- How do I determine price?
- What's the step by step process in listing my house?
- Can you help with my relocation?
- Can you help me with moving?
- How long will it take to get my house on the market?
- Why choose Beverly-Hanks?
How do I prepare my home?
For starters you need good curbside appeal and to obtain this, you need to make sure the property is tidy, neat, and manicured:
- Lawns edged
- Bushes trimmed
- New mulch in beds
- Driveway clean of weeds
- Flower beds weed free and edged
Stand back and look, if you need a few shrubs put them in
Add some new mulch, nothing looks and smells better than fresh mulch
If it needs paint, paint it
Do a good paint job (the buyer can tell if you did a hurry up job and then the buyers will think you did this on everything, and you probably did)
Clutter is the first enemy, remove all clutter, you can box it up and store it, you will need to do this when you move anyway.
Clean, tidy kitchen, bathrooms and entire house
Paint if necessary
Steam clean the carpet or if they are bad, put in new carpet
And live clean and tidy while your home is on the market, I know it's tough but it might be the difference of selling your home or sitting on it for a long time.
I don't even do this for myself why should I do this for the next person? The reason is, the next person is a potential buyer and there are many other homes to consider which means competition for you. On another example if you were advertising your car for sale, I'm sure you would clean it up so that you could get top dollar for it and the person would be more interested in purchasing it. So, the same applies to your home, you want top dollar for it and you want to sell it. This should be motivation enough to do what is needed to get your home sold for top dollar.
What is the step by step process in listing my house?
1. Contact a Realtor® and make an appointment to discuss listing your home.
On the first visit you can expect;The Realtor® will meet with you and discuss the following:
- Agency Relationship and go over the "Working with Agents" brochure (if he/she has not already done so) with you.
- Your situation and your plans for moving, this will give the agent a better understanding of your situation and also how to better market your property.
- Asheville real estate agents commission structure, only payable once the home is sold.
- Marketing your property and services that the Realtor® and the real estate company offers, and what they can do to get your property sold for the highest price in the least amount of time.
- Current Asheville real estate market, current inventory, days on market and the time frame that it might take to sell the property. etc..
- Look over your house in preparation for the CMA that the Realtor will be performing.
- Offer help in determining what needs to be done to get the house in shape for the current Asheville real estate market.
- The listing agreement and all the related forms that go with it, including inspection items such as home inspections, radon, lead based paint (if applicable), water testing etc..
- The Realtor® will leave you a package/folder with all of the necessary listing agreements and related forms for you to review.
How do I determine price? And how long will it take to get my house on the market?
2. Second meeting the Realtor® will;
Have prepared the (CMA) comparative market analysis which covers similar homes to yours that have recently sold, active homes for sale, days on market that it took to sell those homes to sell and expired listings.
- Meet with you to discuss pricing, length of time to sell property, listing duration, showing instructions and finalize the listing price. Go over all of the listing forms and agreements.
- It normally takes about 10 days to get your home on the market. We allow enough time for professsional photography, write up and marketing materials. When your home hits the market we want it to stand out and be professionally presented.
3. Third meeting
The Reaktor will go through all the listing agreement forms, discuss/explain to you and have all parties sign.
Realtor® will go back through the house and measure for square footage, write down all details and unique features of the house and prepare it for the Asheville real estate market.
The Realtor® will order a professional photographer for photos and virtual tour.
- The Realtor® will discuss showing instructions with you and once the property is scheduled to be shown will supply you with details on who is showing your property and provide feedback after they have shown your property. We get about 80% feedback response from the showing agents. The feedback statements will be emailed to you.
Can you help with my move/relocation?
Yes, we have a full relocation department that not only finds you another professional real estate company and agent to where you are moving but also assists you with moving companies, Click here to learn more.
Why choose Beverly-Hanks?
We have been the listing and selling leaders siince 1976. Beverly-Hanks & Associates offers a full real estate service with outstanding customer service. Beverly-Hanks has been the real estate leader in Western North Carolina since 1976. We have a fully staffed relocation and mortgage department and also offer our clients assistance in household moving. Beverly-Hanks has earned a reputation for results-oriented service and professionalism that no other real estate company in this area can match.
Founded in 1976 with the merger of Beverly Realty and W. Neal Hanks & Associates, two of the area's most prominent real estate firms. For more than two decades, our mission, to be Western North Carolina's best real estate company, has remained unchanged. Our associates continually strive to provide a positive experience to buyers and sellers alike through their unsurpassed local knowledge, comprehensive marketing plans and outstanding overall service. As a result, our business has experienced remarkable growth, primarily from the referrals of satisfied past customers and clients. Our success has placed us among the top 7 firms in the state and among the top 250 firms in the nation.
At Beverly-Hanks & Associates our strength lies in our ability to provide you with the services of highly trained, caring professionals. Our associates are the market leaders, consistently out numbering our competition in the "top producer" ranks. Your Beverly-Hanks & Associates Realtor® is backed by an outstanding support staff, committed to the highest standards of care for customers and clients. To maintain their performance level, we have a full time Director of Education who provides our associates with training in every facet of our industry, keeping their knowledge current and skills sharp. From our in-house Marketing Department, which provides the quality materials that advertise your home, to our Appointment Coordinators who make it simple and convenient for the brokerage community to show it, these dedicated professionals allow our associates to do what they do best - focus on your individual needs.
Each member of our organization shares a commitment to service aimed at building long-lasting relationships with our customers, clients and the community at large. We will never outgrow our commitment to go the extra mile to provide you with real estate services of unparalleled quality. In short, we want to leave you convinced that we truly are... The Best in the Business.
Tim Bosonetto is proud to be a broker associate (Realtor®) with Beverly-Hanks.