I want to sell my home.
All of these questions are addressed below:
How do I prepare my home?
How do I determine price?
What's the step by step process in listing my house?
Can you help with my relocation?
Can you help me with moving?
How long will it take to get my house on the market?
Why choose Beverly-Hanks?
How do I prepare my home?
For starters you need good curbside appeal and to obtain this, you need to make sure the property is tidy, neat, and manicured:
Exterior of house:
Stand back and look, if you need a few shrubs put them in
Add some new mulch, nothing looks and smells better than fresh mulch
If it needs paint, paint it
Do a good paint job (the buyer can tell if you did a hurry up job and then the buyers will think you did this on everything, and you probably did)
Clutter is the first enemy, remove all clutter, you can box it up and store it, you will need to do this when you move anyway.
Clean, tidy kitchen, bathrooms and entire house
Paint if necessary
Steam clean the carpet or if they are bad, put in new carpet
And live clean and tidy while your home is on the market, I know it's tough but it might be the difference of selling your home or sitting on it for a long time.
I don't even do this for myself why should I do this for the next guy. The reason is that the next guy is buying your house and there is a large inventory of homes for this guy to consider which means competition for you. On another example if you were advertising your car for sale, I'm sure you would clean it up so that you could get top dollar for it and the person would want to buy it. So, the same applies to your house, you want top dollar for it and you want to sell it. This should be motivation enough to do what is needed to get your home sold for top dollar.
What is the step by step process in listing my house?
1. Contact a Realtor® and make an appointment to discuss listing your home.
On the first visit you can expect a total meeting time of about 2-2.5 hours. The Realtor® will meet with you and discuss the following:
- Agency Relationship and go over the "Working with Agents" brochure (if he/she has not already done so) with you.
- Your situation and your plans for moving, this will give the agent a better understanding of your situation and also how to better market your property.
- Asheville real estate agents commission structure, only payable once the home is sold and there are no other costs to the seller in regard to agent’s fees.
- Marketing your property and services that the Realtor® and the real estate company offers, and what they can do to get your property sold in the least
- Amount of time it may take to sell your home and for the best possible price.
- Current Asheville real estate market, current inventory, days on market and the time frame that it might take to sell the property. etc..
- Look over your house in preparation for the CMA that the Realtor will be performing.
- Give you help in determining what might need to be done to get the house in shape for the current Asheville real estate market.
- The listing agreement and all the related forms that go with it, including home inspection items such as home inspections, radon, lead based paint (if applicable), water testing etc..
- The Realtor® will leave you a package/folder with all of the necessary listing agreements and related forms for you to review at your leisure.
How do I determine price? And how long will it take to get my house on the market?
2. Second meeting the Realtor® will: (about 2 hours with number 2 and 3 combined).
Have prepared the (CMA) comparative market analysis which covers similar homes to yours that have recently sold, active homes for sale, days on market that it took to sell those homes, expired listings on homes meaning they did not sell.
- Meet with you to discuss pricing, length of time to sell the property, listing duration, showing instructions and finalize the listing price. Go over all of the listing forms and agreements (now that the owner has had time to review) and have the seller sign all forms and listing agreement. The seller may want time to think about the pricing, listing the house etc.., if so, there will need to be a third meeting (see below).
- It normally takes anywhere from 1-2 days to get your home on the market.
3. Second/Third meeting (depending on if the owner wants some time to think over the whole scenario from the second meeting).
Realtor® will go back through the house and measure for square footage, write down all details and unique features of the house and prepare it for the Asheville real estate market.
The Realtor® will order a professional photographer for photos and virtual tour.
- Within a couple of days your property will be actively on the market with details, photos and virtual tour and ready for showing.
- The Realtor® will supply you with details on who is showing your property and provide feedback after they have shown your property. We get about 80% feedback responses from the showing agents. Like in any business there are always those bad apples that will not cooperate, for what it's worth at least you know who they are from the showing details that are emailed to you.
Can you help with my relocation?
We have a relocation department that can refer you to one of our vast real estate network agencies that we partner with all over the country. They will find you an agent that specializes in the area you are moving to.
Can you help me with our move?
We work with many different moving companies and will be able to get you quotes and assist you with your move.
Why choose Beverly-Hanks?
We have been the listing and selling leaders for 33 years. Beverly-Hanks & Associates offers a full real estate service with outstanding customer service. Beverly-Hanks has been the real estate leader in Western North Carolina since 1976 with over 300 professional and trained sales associates, 7 offices and an annual sales volume in excess of one billion in 06. We have a full staffed relocation and mortgage department and also offer our clients assistance in household moving. Beverly-Hanks has earned a reputation for results-oriented service and professionalism that no other real estate company in this area can match.
Founded in 1976 with the merger of Beverly Realty and W. Neal Hanks & Associates, two of the area's most prominent real estate firms. For more than two decades, our mission, to be Western North Carolina's best real estate company, has remained unchanged. Our associates continually strive to provide a positive experience to buyers and sellers alike through their unsurpassed local knowledge, comprehensive marketing plans and outstanding overall service. As a result, our business has experienced remarkable growth, primarily from the referrals of satisfied past customers and clients. Our success has placed us among the top 7 firms in the state and among the top 250 firms in the nation. However, our size only enhances our total capabilities.
At Beverly-Hanks & Associates our strength lies in our ability to provide you with the services of highly trained, caring professionals. Our associates are the market leaders, consistently outnumbering our competition in the "top producer" ranks. Your Beverly-Hanks & Associates Realtor® is backed by an outstanding support staff, committed to the highest standards of care for customers and clients. To maintain their performance level, we have a full time Director of Education who provides our associates with training in every facet of our industry, keeping their knowledge current and skills sharp. From our in-house Marketing Department, which provides the quality materials that advertise your home, to our Appointment Coordinators who make it simple and convenient for the brokerage community to show it, these dedicated professionals allow our associates to do what they do best - focus on your individual needs.
Each member of our organization shares a commitment to service aimed at building long-lasting relationships with our customers, clients and the community at large. We will never outgrow our commitment to go the extra mile to provide you with real estate services of unparalleled quality. In short, we want to leave you convinced that we truly are... The Best in the Business.
Tim Bosonetto is proud to be a broker associate (Realtor®) with Beverly-Hanks.